Most people take breathing for granted because it is second nature to us and in fact, an involuntary reflex. But, for those who suffer from breathing problems, each breath is a major effort. Newborns to senior citizens may face respiratory difficulties or chronic lung disorders such as CHF, asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema. Patients of heart attack, stroke, pneumonia, and accident victims might also experience respiratory distress. At Clay County Medical Center, we treat children with RSV, Bronchiolitis, premature infants, and people with Cystic Fibrosis, Lung Cancer or COPD.
Under the direction of a physician, Respiratory Therapy Practitioners (RT’s) are the health care specialists who evaluate, treat, educate and care for patients with breathing disorders. The employees at Clay County Medical Center are Nationally Board Certified as Registered or Certified Respiratory Therapists and Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioners with the State Board of Healing Arts of Kansas. They have over 150 combined years of service and experience. The employees are BLS, ACLS, NRP, PALS, and S.T.A.B.L.E. certified and work in all areas of the Hospital, i.e., Medical/Surgical, Emergency Room, and Labor and Delivery. Respiratory Therapy is available in-house from 6:00 A.M. to 10:30 P.M. Monday through Friday, and 6:00 A.M. to 6:30 P.M. Saturday and Sunday with on-call personnel available for after hours, weekends, and holidays.
Therapeutic Modalities including:
- Nebulizer treatments
- MDI and MDI instruction
- Aerosol therapy
- High Humidity Therapy
- O2 Therapy and Management
- Incentive Spirometry
- Flutter Therapy
- Sputum Collection
- Trach Care
- Airway Care
- CPAP/BiPAP Therapy
- Smoking Cessation
- Emergency Resuscitation
Diagnostic Testing including:
- Pulmonary Function Testing- They are ordered to evaluate the condition of the lungs and diagnosis of lung disease.
- Peak Flow Testing- Measures your ability to push air out of your lungs.
- Arterial Blood Gases (ABG’s)- They measure acid/base balance, carbon dioxide and oxygen content in the blood. We are a CLIA certified Laboratory.
- Pulse Oximetry- Including overnight pulse oximetry, exercise pulse oximetry, and continuous pulse oximetry.
Contact Us617 Liberty ST | Clay Center, KS 67432
Phone : 1-785-632-2144 ext. 456