Frozen Crunchy Peanut Butter Pie
Recipe by Robyn Webb, MS, LN
Food Editor for Diabetes Forecast
- 1 quart fat-free vanilla ice cream, softened (such as Breyers Smooth & Dreamy)
- 1/4 cup crunchy natural peanut butter
- 1 (9-inch) lower-fat graham cracker crust
- 1/4 cup chopped, roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate syrup
In a mixing bowl, use an electric mixer at medium-low speed to combine the softened ice cream and peanut butter. Spread half of the mixture into the prepared crust. Sprinkle with half of the peanuts. Spread the remaining ice cream mixture on top. Sprinkle with the remaining peanuts. Drizzle the entire pie with chocolate syrup.
Freeze the pie for at least 6 hours, until firm. Remove the pie from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Use a knife warmed in hot water and wiped dry to make clean cuts.
Makes 10 servings. Serving size: 1/10 of pie
Per serving: 235 calories, 8 g total fat (1.6 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 36 g carbohydrates, 8 g sugars,
6 g protein, 4 g fiber, 140 mg sodium, 265 mg potassium, 135 mg Phosphorus
Exchanges: Carbohydrate 2.5, Fat 1.5
Home - Recipe Archive