Personal training is the science and art of understanding physical fitness. The first step is committing to fitness. After this step you need to meet with a trainer that understands you and your personal needs as a client. It is important to find a trainer that you trust, and are comfortable with in a training environment. You are welcome to visit the Mark A. Chapman Wellness Center and discuss your options and needs.
How can you benefit?
A personal trainer helps you maximize the potential out of each workout. They provide knowledge on exercise physiology, nutrition, and training techniques that can help you meet your goals. A trainer provides much needed support to motivate you through plateaus as a client. Even though you pay for a certain number of sessions you will attain the knowledge to maintain a healthier lifestyle throughout your life.
Fitness Testing Services
At the discretion of your trainer, there are various fitness assessments that maybe performed with your consent. The pre-evaluation process allows us to see where we are at so we know where we are going. This allows you to set reasonable and achievable goals.
Fitness Assessments Available
- Circumference - Used to track your progress in inches, not just pounds.
- Body Composition - A measurement of the subcutaneous fat on the body by using calipers.
- BMI (Body Mass Index) - Taken by using your height and weight measurements.
- VO2 Submax - Measurement of maximal oxygen uptake. It will measure your level of cardiovascular fitness.
- Flexibility - This involves several tests that measure the range of motion in your joints. Flexibility is important for injury prevention.
- Nutritional Evaluation - Review your normal day of eating and estimate the amount of calories and evaluate the food choices in your life.