The Convenient Care Clinic offers a convenient and more affordable alternative to ER to benefit the people of Clay County and surrounding communities. The Convenient Care Clinic provides services dedicated to the delivery of non-emergency care, and is for the treatment of patients with an injury or illness that requires immediate care, but is not serious enough to necessitate a visit to the ER. Minor injuries, minor cuts or burns, muscle sprains or strain, stomachache, nausea, headache, dizziness, and ear, throat or nose infections are typical reasons people utilize the Convenient Care Clinic. Each insurance provider determines if it covers Convenient Care Clinic or not. In most cases insurance providers will cover those services, but patients may be expected to pay a co-payment or deductible.
Unlike emergency room services offered 24/7, the Convenient Care Clinic will be open on:
- Monday - Friday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
An appointment is required. Phone lines to schedule an appointment will open at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Please call (785) 632-2144 to schedule an appointment. Please enter through the Emergency Room entrance and proceed to the registration desk. Please remember, in an emergency situation, please call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room..
Prompt and Courteous Treatment For:
- Colds & Flu
- Sore Throat
- Ear Infection
- Minor Aches and Pains
- Pink Eye
On-Site Treatment for Minor Accidents & Injuries:
- Laceration Repairs
- Muscle Strains, Sprains and Bruises
- Cuts and Abrasions
- Animal and Insect Bites
- Minor Burns
- Broken Bones
Our Caring Staff Consists Of:
Medical Doctors, Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN), Physicians Assistants (PA), Nurses, X-Ray and Lab Technicians, and Medical Receptionists.
Notice to Patients:
- Clay County Medical Center’s healthcare providers offer care in both the Convenient Care Clinic and the Emergency Department. We will do our best to deliver services to you in a timely manner..
- All patients will be asked to make a $30.00 payment at time of visit.
- At a minimum, you will receive two separate charges:
- The healthcare provider’s professional service
- The facility’s technical services
- Some insurance companies consider our Convenient Care Clinic an “emergency service”, because healthcare services are being provided in an outpatient department of the hospital.
- Your insurance will determine how to apply your co-pay, coinsurance, and/or deductible to your visit.
- Please be advised that the CCMC Convenient Care Clinic is not a free standing urgent care clinic.